Monday, January 16, 2012

What?

I have recently learned a few things that have been very disconcerting
First, the great wall of China is actually the great walls of China. There are multiple unconnected sections built during different dynasties, and whats WORSE is you cannot see the great walls of china from space! What?
Next, Haagen-Dazs a logo for a delicious ice cream brand doesn't actually mean anything. The founders made the word up deliberately trying to trick us into thinking it was a Scandinavian product. Good lie though, Scandinavian ice cream does sound like it would be especially tasty.
I know it's upsetting but celery, that green, fibrous, tasteless stick everyone eats when they diet is not actually negative in calories. Yup I'm pretty mad about that.
Finally, remember that cute, shy, nun from sister act, whose voice is so great? Brace yourself, it is a lie she was lip syncing. I spent my childhood loving that nun and her voice . Sister Mary Robert I feel so betrayed.

3 comments:

  1. Say it isn't so! I can't believe it--after years of holding all these things true, they are nothing more than pretty falsehoods! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are getting some good information for all that tuition! I hope you are having a good semester! Love you!

    ReplyDelete