Saturday, August 25, 2012

Crafts

Summer Crafts:

Baby quilt: We did this quilt for a cute little cousin who has had a tough year.
The button flowers were my mom's idea and are scattered throughout.

Vanity: Brittney bought this a couple of years ago fully intending to fix it up. (I was so jealous) Brittney is now on a mission and left it the garage.With her permission I started to work on it. I soon realized that it needed a lot of fixing before I could get to the beautifying. I also had to deal with a large number of spiders and creepy spider sacs. I was freaked out by the arachnids, but with the help of some spider poison( Click here for Simpsons clip) I showed them who's boss.  


Viola!
Don't before and after pictures feel so satisfying?

 

Printer Desk: Next I wanted to make a desk for my printer. I got it at Savers It was in good shape except for some loose legs that Josh fixed for me. I wanted it to look Shabby Chic.


 After a little work it looked kind of terrible. The spray paint was bad and came out like it was fake snow. I was kind of nervous I had ruined it and was not excited about having to sand it again. 
 It was all worth it though.The finished product looked better than I had hoped.


I had other projects planned but, some summers are just too short.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing projects, Charlie! I love them all! I love you too and hope you had a good summer! Good luck at school this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects and can't wait to do more. It's always fun to see WHAT projects you'll do. Miss ya too much already. Counting down the days until next summer. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you did really well. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to do some side tables for me. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I need you to come help me refinish some furniture that I have! You are amazing with that! Way to go! Hope you're doing well up in Logan! Love you!

    ReplyDelete