Friday, July 30, 2010

Crafts

During the summer time my mom and I often try to do a craft or two. I am putting up some pictures up of the things we have completed.
We made some PJ pants which was supposed to teach me how to read a pattern. I did OK but I'm still not very confident with patterns. (The picture doesn't do the them justice the colors are more vibrant.)

Next Mom and I put together a quilt to keep in the living room. Mom chose the fabric and it ended up matching the living room colors perfectly! I love making rag quilts.




My favorite craft was putting together this bulletin board for my room I plan on putting it above my desk. I found the old window frame at a second hand store and had to buy it! It has both magnent board and cork board and that flower is actually a push pin that my mom made cute right? Sanding that window was an experience. I was using this tiny power sander and it was taking forever. Josh said if I wanted to go faster I could use the belt sander. When I pulled the trigger on the belt sander it nearly pulled me off my feet it was WAY powerful. Josh had to take over before I hurt myself.

7 comments:

  1. Your crafts are the best EVER! I LOVE MAKING CRAFTS with you. Can't wait to make more. Thanks Charlie....love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen them all in person and they are awesome! Of course, the best part of seeing your crafts is that I get to see you too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute and creative! Any time you want to make me an adorable decoration for my room, feel free! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is sooo cute! Maybe I will get motivated now and do some crafting of my own!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the last one a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Those Crafts Are Just Lovley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that idea and the patterns in the windows. And great job on the quilt - those always take longer than I think they will. I'm in the middle of one right now and just put it on hold for a while till I'm brave enough to finish.

    ReplyDelete