Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Foward not backwards

Hello folks
Things are going pretty well. It is nice to be here with my family they are good at helping me plus the endless stroke jokes keep me laughing.

I started my outpatient therapy yesterday. My physical therapist doesn't even know what to do with me. I can do most everything that he asks me to. He couldn't believe that I had a stroke 3 weeks ago. Awesome!
My speech therapist is great she is going to help me strengthen my vocal cords, work on articulation, and my ability to pay attention. Not being able to pay attention is quite an experience for me. I have been known to study for hours at a time without a problem(just ask my roommates) now half an hour of reading a novel is a struggle. I have been working on it though and I think I am making progress.

The hardest thing at the moment is that this stroke thing has thrown me into a Dysautonomia crash. It hasn't been this hard to funtion since highschool. Luckily I have been through crashes before so I know what I need to do.

All things considered I am doing wonderfully. I'm sure I will continue going..." forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom."(the simpsons teehouse of horror season 8)

They call this the stroke smile

Cards from the people in my major

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha...twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom! :) Love you Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the second person I know who has used that Simpson's quote. It must be fantastic! :P

    ReplyDelete