Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stroke


Hello everyone, As most of you know I have been hanging out at the U of U! Thursday I guess I didn't want to go to school so I had a massive stroke and took a helicopter ride here. About 2 days ago I was deemed stable and now I have been sent to rehab. I want to thank my roommates, my family and friends for everything you have done and are doing for me. THANK YOU! In rehab I have been doing speech, occupational, and physical therapy all day, and it is hard. I also got to mak a new friend. His name is frank and he works here at the hospital. Tonight he snuck me me a chocolate shake.
Sometimes it's hard to think about how long this recovery is going to take but most of the time I am just in awe at how lucky I am.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you and your family are doing okay. I've been praying for you.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Charlie. Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie you are amazing! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, I am in awe of how amazing YOU are! It was so good to see you today and see how much you can do! Hang in there, you are awesome! And I am really glad I got to meet Frank! He is a good friend for you to have! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie,
    HA HA HA HA HA........." I had a stroke!" Love the Simpsons, love humor, love Frank, love that you're doing so well and will be home soon,most of all I LOVE YOU! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, Jon and I both said it when we saw your post and the simpsons clip - "you're amazing"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlie,your experience ought to count as about a dozen credit towards your degree - not many students get such an intensive practicum!
    Thank you for being such an example of faith and hope for all of us. We love you and you are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlie, as everyone else has already said you are truly amazing!! I have always thought you were amazing, but the progress you are making and your hard work is awesome! Don't think about the road to recovery, just take it day by day! I loved that we got to see you yesterday and meet your friend Frank! He's awesome! I love the clip you put on this post and I AGREE WITH SAMEE....YOU HAVE GOT TO FIND A way to make ALL OF THIS COUNT TOWARDS creDITS!! (SORRY FOR THE CAPS, JOCELYN THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honey, I just find out and I'm so slow and so amazed! I was really lucky to find out so late because then I wasn't freaking out. And that's just me being selfish! WHAT AN ORDEAL! I can hardly believe all the junk you've been through and then this! Good thing God kinda likes you ;) I've been thinking of you often and praying for you more. I'm so glad that you're even keeping up on my blog! That means you can TYPE! Wow...fine motor skills.

    ReplyDelete