Friday, January 9, 2009

I have a bone to pick with Anatomy class




I went to my first Anatomy Lab today. Talk about an experience. First off it is held in a room full of dead people which wouldn't bother me except that they use them as desks. Everyone’s books and the bones they were studying were all laid out on the nearest cadaver. My desk is a 51 year old named Bethany... Creepy right?
Next the amount of info they threw at us today was overwhelming. They point to small holes in the skull and say. What is this holes name? I don't know it looks exactly like all the other holes! We passed around skulls and ribs and vertebrae which were way cool but they have a million different parts with the weirdest names that we are required to know how to spell.
Oh and the cherry on top of this sundae is that to get up to the cadaver lab in the wheelchair or with the walker I have to ride in the cadaver elevator. It is the only elevator they have. It is the most foreboding elevator ever with a HUGE sign in it that says “No passengers Freight Only” The door doesn't even open automatically and is so heavy I had to get help to open it.
If anything this is going to be an interesting semester.

5 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard about that elevator situation. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh anatomy...I remember those days! That class is definitely a tough one, but I loved it. It was so interesting! Good luck with it and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story, Charlie! Just don't pass out in the elevator or you may become someone else's desk! It was great to see you and we are VERY grateful that your family is so good about helping us out! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, it's me again! Loved your name for our van on Romney's blog, Bambi's bane! You're so clever! Hope school is good this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm clever too cathy, love brittney.
    PS hey char!

    ReplyDelete